GIST Scholarship 2023-2024 in South Korea is inviting all interested and eligible candidates for a fully funded scholarship 2023-2024. fully founded for international students for the year 2023 academic season. Nevertheless, please note that this fully funded program is being supported to encourage low-income yet brilliant international students to further their careers by engaging in research and other technical studies.
The program is for individuals to pursue MS, PhD, and MS, learning to PhD degrees. Consequently, the GIST Scholarship in South Korea trains talented students to further develop in the fields of science and technology. Also, the support is one of the prestigious Korean scholarships that tends to promote world-class pieces of knowledge and career skills, and technical know-how through research-oriented projects and courses.
GIST scholarship 2023-2024 is for international students from all countries who are competent (eligibility criteria are listed below) to apply to secure for themselves a space on the fully funded scholarship 2023-2024 in South Korea.
Gist scholarship 2023-2024 Fully Funded
This international scholarship in South Korea covers tuition fees, a one-way airline ticket to Korea, and the provision of monthly stipends. Also, the duration of GIST scholarship for MS, Ph.D., and integrated MS/Ph.D. are three, seven, and eight years respectively. Meanwhile, Gwangju Institution for Science and Technology is one of the top public universities in Gwangju, South Korea.
Therefore, the GIST Scholarship is only for international students and Graduates who performed excellently during their first degree. Those international students are to pursue their university’s project in collaboration with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology. Consequently, the idea of supporting these MS, and PhD students is for innovation in science, research, and technology.
Therefore, the successful students will offer courses in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Chemistry and Biomedical Science, Life Science, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical, Engineering, Physics, and Photon Science, Nanobio Material and Electronics, Earth Science and Environmental Engineering integrated Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
Field Offered at Gwangju Institution of Science and Technology
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Material Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Science and Environmental Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- School of Integrated Technology
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- School of Energy Convergence
GIST Scholarship Deadline is April 14, 2023
Benefits of Gist Scholarship 2023-2024 Fully Funded
For any interested students, below are the benefits the GIST scholarship opportunity will offer to all successful applicants. Therefore read on as we check to find out the benefits and other financial coverage the academic sponsorship by GIST for international students offers.
Similarly, in this section, you will begin to understand why you need the scholarship. So, we are going to explain the total financial expenditure that the scholarship would handle for international students in South Korea from 2023-2024.
Benefits of Gist Scholarship Fully Funded 2023-2024
- The scholarship will provide a 100% tuition fee for the successful applicants(international students)
- MS students will also get a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won
- Those Ph.D. students will receive a monthly allowance(stipend) of 295,000 Won
- Nevertheless, MS and Ph.D. students will be offered an international student allowance of 120,000 Won.
- However, students must maintain three or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- Any MS student who is participating in research projects will receive a research assistantship offer of 4,785,384 won annually, while those Ph.D. students will be offered a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won per year.
- Gist scholarships also provide reimburse one-way flights to South Korea (once).
- Health insurance for the student will cover 60% of national health insurance which includes annual medical checkups for all students.
- Gist Scholarship also provides meal allowances as a benefit to her students.
- This is the full package of what the Gist Scholarship offers to her successful international student, the opportunity to study at a top Korean university without financial concerns or tuition fee expenses.
Accordingly, we invite all competent/eligible international students to apply but, students must complete at least nine credits in their previous semester during their degree studies.
GIST Scholarship 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria
For those that are interested to apply for the GIST scholarship 2023-202, please take note of the eligibility before proceeding with your online admission process. Below are the criteria and conditions(eligibility) of the GIST scholarship for international students so, read carefully and consider if you are eligible or not before applying.
Eligibility Criteria for the GIST Scholarship 2023-2024 Fully Funded in South Korea
- Gist Scholarship is among many other Opportunities Circle has listed the criteria below so read on:
- Applicants must be a holder of a final degree (first-degree University Graduate) before applying for Gist.
- The First bachelor’s degree obtained must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- All applicants are expected to be all international students no South Korean student is eligible.
- They should be proficient in the English language.
- Application for the GIST scholarship 2023-2024 must have an excellent academic record (Great grade)
- Applicants must prove that they have academic excellence.
- Interested applicants are expected to provide documents to prove that they meet all the above-listed criteria and requirements before applying.
Gist Scholarship 2023-2024 Fully Funded Application Process(How to Apply)
- Undergraduate Students who are interested in this scholarship (Gist) can apply through this link.
- The GIST scholarship is an online application
- Applicants are advised to carefully fill out all the margins on the application form
- Don’t leave any field empty but instead write NA on to the process gaps not required yet.
- Submit your application after filling in all the required pieces of information.
- After submitting your Gist Scholarship applications always visit your email because the international Admission Coordinator will reach out to contact you through your email, call, or text.
- Applicants will receive admission notification through an email, or text, therefore, they have to respond to the admission offer within 15 days of the email or lost the offer.
- The admission acceptance/matriculation fee is to be paid beneficially. If any student is unable to afford the fee, they are required to fill out the matriculation fee waiver application.
- Finally, upon enrollment, all beneficial students will receive an admission/acceptance certificate, financial sponsorship certificate, and letter of scholarship invitation.
GIST Scholarship 2023-2024 Deadline
- The deadline for the GIST September edition intake scholarship is 14 April while admission commences September-October 2023.
GIST Scholarship 2023-2024 Fully Funded in South Korea Requirement
All interested applicants should carefully read the following substantiating documents to all applicant eligibilities, You must submit them with your online application Incomplete or inaccurate application will not be eligible or considered for the Gist Scholarship 2023-2024. The list is as follows:
- Online Application
- Official Degree and Transcript, Apostille is preferred, notarized copies are also acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation with the stamp and sign of the recommenders,
- A Copy of the Applicant’passport.
- An official English Language test report like TOEFL,(80), TOEFL(PBT)550, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, and NEW TEPS 327.
Nevertheless, any applicants who may not get their results in time from their home/precious university/college can give get their professional English language proficiency certificate stating that the English language is the language of the institution in their previous university.
Gist Scholarship 2023-2024 Application Process
All interested individual students who must as qualify for this GIST Master’s and Doctorate degree research/course can apply via this online application link.
The scholarship program(GIST) application procedures must be processed online not offline.
Also, every applicant should endeavor to carefully fill out the empty gaps on their scholarship form.
Make sure that no field is left empty on completing your application, and attach all the above-mentioned documents while submitting.
After the application submission, all applicants should start expecting to be contacted by International Admissions Coordinators who are in charge of selecting successful candidates.
Henceforth, every applicant will receive an admission notification alert via email, therefore, they are to respond to the admission portal in acceptance of the offer within 15 days, that is why you should be monitoring your application no avoid late responses.
Then you should proceed to pay the matriculation fee, if you are financially challenged that you are unable to pay the fee, fill out the matriculation fee waiver application, this is to inform the administration that you are interested in admission but lack financial resources.
Finally, upon enrollment, students will receive an admission certificate, Financial sponsorship certificate, and letter of invitation and be reminded that the GIST scholarship 2023-2024 intake will end by 14 April 2023.