Singapore Scholarship award for international undergraduate/ postgraduate scholarship award. Besides the fully-funded scholarship open for Singapore nationals, the international student now stands a chance for a fully-funded scholarship award opportunity in selected institutes of learning in Singapore.
That is to say, you too can now apply for Singapore Scholarship for international undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. student research. The scholarship awards are offered through some of the country’s affordable universities and external financial grants.
AWARD: DEADLINE JUNE 1,2023
LEVEL: GRADUATE MS.c Ph.D. Research
FUNDING: Fully Funded
OPEN TO: International Students
LOCATION: SingaporeSTATUS> Active
Studying in Singapore is one of the best opportunities, it’s even better because is for free as in a scholarship. However, studying in Singapore is an exciting adventure that will also offer you time to engage in work outside the campus.
Therefore, the tuition is free because it is a fully-funded scholarship award but you need to know. Numerous schools across the world not just in Singapore recognize academic excellence that is built through the applicant’s academic profile.
How to get a Singapore scholarship in Asia/the world? This is achieved with hard work, perseverance, and an unyielding determination to be that their studies always result to be best thereby gaining merit-based scholarship awards.
Furthermore, With adequate preparations, it will be easier for any intending applicant to study in Singapore scholarship, as well as prepare for the interview examination. Therefore, let us look out for what is required to start a scholarship application at your target universities.
Meanwhile, you will get the simple step on how to use web research and gather information on the general requirements to study in Singapore and other abroad universities. We will show you the way through which you can prepare the necessary documents on time.
Also, after you have finished completing all those necessary forms for the application, we will offer you the guidelines for you to make sure that your application form is appropriately submitted as soon as it is expected, to avoid late submission. Learn more here
Singapore Scholarship Award Benefits
- The program is fully funded and provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies, including:
- Tuition fees
- A monthly stipend of S$ 2,200, the amount most time might increase to S$2,700 after they beneficially pass their qualifying examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000.
The Singapore International Graduate Award is a program organized in collaboration with the Agency for Science, Technology& Research (ASTAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore(NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design(SUTD).
In other words, the Singapore Scholarship Award fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of International Students. Therefore, you need to be working in a multicultural environment alongside distinguished individuals and a world-renowned researcher in state-of-the-art facilities in Singapore.
Host Institution: Nanyang Technological University(NTU), National University of Singapore(NUS), or Singapore University of Technology and Design(SUTD) in Singapore.
Area: Biomedical Sciences, Physical Science, and Engineering.
Number of Awards: All eligible Qualifier
Duration: Normal Program period
Eligible Countries: Open to all Nationalities
Estimated Cost of Living in Singapore
Food University Canteens
|Per Student Per monthS$|
|Food: Meals outside Campus||450-600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room) On-Campus||400-700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100-150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400-150|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400-200|
Eligibility for Singapore Scholarship Award
The following requirement must be adhered to and satisfied before any applicant(international student)can stand any chance or be able to study in Singapore(Asia) on a scholarship
- Be an international graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic performance/results(for a postgraduate degree)
- You need to possess good writing skills and be able to read and speak the English language
- Good reports from the academic professor, and supervisor as referees.
All international students who are interested to apply for the Singapore International Scholarship award must not take these eligibility criteria to be exhaustive. The scholarship sponsors ASTAR may include additional selectional criteria based on the prevailing scholarship policies.
However, those scholarship policies may be updated from one season to another without any student approval or notice.
How to Apply for the Singapore Scholarship
Eligible applicants who prefer to apply for these scholarships are required to adhere to the laydown procedure to gain full admission. That is to say, you are to follow the steps below here to process and submit your applications.
- Click on the apply button below to apply through the online application form using the program platform.
- Upload all the listed documents below:
- a. National Identification card or Passport
- b. Most recent passport photograph size photo(jpeg,or png format)
- c. Colleg certificate, Bachelor’s/Msc transcript(English translation).
- d. Bachelor’s Degree Certificate, or scroll of a statement of result from the university on which the applicant obtained their degree certificates/ letter showing that the scroll has not yet been conferred(English translation).
- e.2 recommendation reports( to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- f. GRE/IELTS/TOEFL/S0AT I&11/GATE result optional)
3. You will be required to indicate your choice of supervisor in the application form.
4. Do not send any mail of hard copy documents to the SINGA Office. However, all the required documents are to be submitted on the program website online.
Singapore Scholarship Documents Requested
All applicants should note this: The Internation Students office will no longer be validated for the application. That is to say, the responsibility of the students is to find out all required documents and make to provide everything(upload).
However, those needed documents that are uploaded will be examined after the validation of the online scholarship application. Therefore, below is the necessary document that is requested that applicants should provide and upload in the application form, either in French or English, ONLY.
Meanwhile, All candidates should provide:
Two referee letters for previous school or family members English from professors who have close knowledge of the candidate’s work- If the individual is not able to come up with the letter, they can be sent to the professor by email to the institution ( with their names and Degree choose clearly written in the name of the document).
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Diplomas and degree already obtained(high school certificate. Bachelor’s degree)-documents are accepted only in French or English. However, if the document is in another language, the applicant will need to translate those documents into French or English, for officially certified
- University academic transcript of records- documents are accepted only in French or English. If your document is in another language, you have to provide a translated document in French or English, officially certified
- For the current year: proof of enrollment- documents are accepted only in French or English. Also, if the proof of registration is not available now, then the required diploma for Master’s admission will have to be transmitted before the beginning of the academic year(compulsory)
The successful candidate will be shortlisted on the platform website to notify the applicant within 12 weeks from the period of the application. Furthermore, the scholarship deadline is June 2023, intakes is June 1, 2024.
However, for more information and details on the Singapore International Scholarship please use our comment box or visit the scholarship’s official page website.